Review: Trisha’s Table

I have both of Trisa’s other cookbooks and love them as well as her show on Food Network. I’m trying to eat a bit healthier now days so I was thrilled to find she had this one she calls My Feel-Good Favorites for a Balanced Life. No nutritional information in this one, she says she’s a singer and a cook not a nutritionalist. She also says she follows an 80/20 rule of eating healthy 80% of the time while letting herself splurge the other 20%.

When my book arrived from Amazon after reading it a bit I decided to make the Hummingbird Pancakes for mine and hubby’s Sunday morning breakfast. We both loved them. I like that there is so much fruit in them and more sliced bananas and strawberries for the topping. I didn’t even need to add syrup to mine as they were delicious. Hubby did add a bit to his along with the leftover crushed pineapple.

Next I made Pork Tenderloin with honey mustard glaze. While it was good son and I though a bit on the sweet side for us. It was really tender. Unfortunately I lost the photo of this one in a computer crash. After that I made Cornbread Chili Casserole which was very good. I think next time I’ll use my own cornbread recipe though since we prefer our cornbread not sweetened like the boxed kind.

Cornbread Chili Casserole
Cornbread Chili Casserole

Then for my daughter’s and my work lunches I made Orzo Salad which was amazing.

Finally I made Beef Stir Fry which hubby and I loved. I did used the option of green beans instead of snow peas since they are cheaper and easier to find here.

Beef Stir Fry
Beef Stir Fry

I’m not though cooking from this one as there are many more recipes I want to try. Things like Edamame Parmesan, Slow Cooker Irish Stout Beef Stew, Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup, Quina Corn Chowder, Spinach Stuffed Shells, Grits and Greens Casserole, Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios, Banana Pudding Cake, and Glazed Lemon Cookies.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s